12.12.2011

waiting for baby...

I am trying to catch up on my blog posts! My parents arrived in Alabama on December 10 and we spent our days anxiously waiting for our little boy to come! We took them on a tour around town and showed them the tornado damage and took a tour around campus. We also went on a lovely little walk at the Riverwalk park and enjoyed the Black Warrior River. Mom and Dad loved Alabama. :) We celebrated Christmas one night and had fondue. It was delicious! Mom and Dad are hooked. We also played lots of CLUE. Mom and Dan are very shrewd. And looved that game! Of course once the baby came we were plenty busy loving our sweet baby. Dad left on Sunday and Mom stayed until Thursday and helped. She was so sweet to take care of us and help us during the overwhelming transition phase. She cooked, cleaned, did laundry, and took shifts with the baby so we could sleep. It was a sweet memory for me to have my sweet mother with me, a memory I will always treasure and never forget. It was so wonderful to have my dear parents share this wonderful experience with us and I'm so thankful they came!

We hid behind the column at the airport and surprised them.  It was GREAT.

Mom is always collecting leaves and other nic-nak's from nature. :)

Outside of Bryant Denny stadium 
Bear Bryant

The soon-to-be mama & papa :)

Admiring the history of Alabama football. Of course my Dad read every word on every plaque. He was a little naughty and was rooting for the Cornhuskers in Alabama territory!

Tender hand-to-hand moment with the statue. She's the funniest! She was being naughty too and sneaking around in the gameroom looking at the playbooks!

Me and my two favorite guys on the Black Warrior :)

Add caption

We loved the beautiful green moss

Fondue night!







Mom loves the calendar we made her!

Dad writing his history :)

Mama bear, soon to be Grandma bear


Thank you so much to my sweet parents for taking care of us and visiting us! We love you!

3 comments:

  1. How nice your parents could be with you for an extended visit. Your little guy is so cute. Even though the babies are hard, it is really such a special time in your lives and it goes so quickly. Too soon you will be celebrating his first birthday - a bitter sweet experience. But for now, enjoy this handsome little boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael! Your baby came!!!! I am SOOOO happy for you :) Also, I love your nativity on your mantle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a dream come true for Daddy & I honey! We savored every moment of our time with you & Dan & little Jude! It's so amazing to hold my beautiful little grandson in my arms.... to see the physical characteristics of his parents but even more to reconize his peaceful, powerful spirit that will carry him through the experiences that lie ahead for him. I can't tell you how blessed I feel to have been able to be with you to try to help make things a little easier at such a busy time for the cutest new parents to care for our precious little Jude. We absolutely loved being with you. You're amazing to us and a natural mommy & daddy!! Thank you for such a special Christmas gift this year, the joy of becoming Grandparents!!!

    ReplyDelete